In this article we will focus on web applications that allow anyone to pay more attention to the contents and their completeness and correctness rather than wasting time learning and tweaking the code.
In the first part we will show you the CMS that we can integrate to better manage the operational part of the site (add images, content, videos, products), while in the second part we will show you the programs online (Builder web applications) to use free for create websites with just a few clicks.
The best CMS
CMS are server software for creating a website and managing its contents later, so that it can be updated and modified at any time.
If we already have a web server and don't know how to "fill" it, choosing a CMS can be a good starting point.
If a CMS is free and full of options it will be a pleasure to use them on one of the services that we will list later, since we can place any type of CMS.
The best CMS (Custom Management System) that we can use are:
- WordPress: the most famous CMS, adaptable to any type of site or web service.
It offers numerous extensions and plugins to speed up the daily work on the site, even if we have other assistants and editors who can help us manage the site.
Ideal for those who want to manage an advanced blog or a generic site.
- Joomla: another CMS widely used and appreciated for its flexibility and adaptability, very suitable for forum and aggregation sites.
- Drupal: less known but very powerful and light CMS on any type of server, especially if we need to add and manage multimedia content.
- Builderengine is another CMS assisted to create websites absolutely free and with zero programming knowledge.
Other interesting CMS can be viewed in our dedicated guide -> Best CMS and free platforms to develop a website.
These programs are quite simple to use, although in some moments a minimum knowledge of HTML may be required in order to continue or to obtain the desired result.
If we don't want to a fully integrated system that allows you to create and manage a site with just the mouse, without ever having to touch a line of code, we recommend that you continue reading with the second chapter, where we have collected the best platforms with which to create a site without the aid of external programs or programming codes.
Free web programs to create websitesThe best free web apps to make a site from scratch without HTML and CMS knowledge are:
- Weebly allows you to create a website online for free, even for those with no experience. You can choose various themes, organize the pages and there are so many options that I am told it is there best platform for creating websites of this list. It also allows you to also have free hosting on which you can support your newly made site, otherwise you can save it with the appropriate option always for free and host it by buying a domain. WeeBLy is certainly the most valid online program for small business portals.
- WiX, which is discussed extensively in another article, is a website creator that allows anyone to design the graphics of a website. Its greatest advantage is the ease, in fact all the construction of the site is done through Drag & Drop. The Wix pages are all HTML5 and therefore perfectly compatible with modern standards in terms of layout and content (for example we can create a site that automatically changes resolution and layout if played on a smartphone or tablet. With Wix you can both create a new site and create widgets to integrate into an existing website Wix is probably the best online program for creating websites ever.
- Jimdo Free is a platform in your language to create a website at no cost and with a simplicity that allows you to turn even beginners into webmasters. All Widget format, the site is built with a mouse click with drag & drop; excellent clear and clean service, widely used in the city, also allows you to write a blog and sell products by creating an online store. Jimdo is perhaps the best for creating a sales site.
- Webs.com it is very easy to use and you can design web pages in a few minutes.
With the simple press of buttons you can add photographs and images or create the platform for a forum or a sales site.
The best thing is the themes and templates that the site makes available, very accurate and attractive, optimized for smartphones and tablets.
With Webs, which is also in your language, you can easily buy top-level custom domains.
- Yola is the heir of Synthasite one of the most famous web platforms to create sites from scratch, free and without the need to know programming languages, including HTML. The construction of the site is based on the drag & drop technique, and web pages can be created by adding photos, videos, texts and drawn elements. In reiterating that with these tools it is possible to make a perfect and complete site, comparable to the beautiful ones made by professional webmasters, for those who want it, it is emphasized how Yola is ideal to create professional sites to present or sell products and services.
- Webnode it is used to create a personal site, in full Web 2.0 style, without resorting to HTML, CSS, PHP and similar programming languages. With Webnode you have a powerful tool for creating extremely complete and professional websites. The administration panel is simple, immediate and well configured and the creation takes place using a toolbar and through the typical drag & drop. There are over 40 templates to choose from for the site's graphics. Bandwidth is limited in the free version.
- strikingly is another very simple and free online program, great for building a site quickly, although it may lack some advanced features. The creation wizard is simple and really intuitive, with many templates to choose and modify at any time, even before publication. The free plan has a limited bandwidth of 5GB which is a good start.
- Jigsy is a free web editor with which you can create your own website without much effort and without sacrificing quality. With Jigsy you get a drag and drop editor, responsive templates optimized for tablets and smartphones, the ability to create all new templates, modules for selling products online, SEO optimization, statistics, space for photos and videos, the ability to add a domain customized.
- Imcreator is a nice free platform to create personal websites in a super easy way, with the choice of customizable and already optimized templates. This online program is especially great for creating sites with images and photographs.
- Site123 is one of the best online programs to make a website yourself and with ease, which provides a free platform to start with, where you can upload pages and files up to 500 MB, with 1 GB of bandwidth per month. When the site becomes more visited, you can upgrade for 10 Euros per month. The creation software is really intuitive, full of elements to add, among which the live chat is excellent to be included in order to be contacted by site visitors. However, there are no models already made with which to start, so we start from scratch.
- Simplesite offers a free program to make a simple website, which works very well even using the smartphone, ideal for busy users who are always on the go.
- Google Sites offers the possibility of creating a website without writing HTML code, using the mouse as you would on any PC program, also creating the mobile version of the site (the site will be responsive, i.e. it will automatically adapt to the smaller screen ).
In another article we saw how to create a blog su Wordpress.com, which combines the homonymous CMS and also offers a Web space to create a beautiful and personalized site on it, both for free and at very competitive prices.
Other interesting sites for creating new sites can be found on the guide for i simpler ways to create a personal website for free.
ConclusionsCreating a site is all in all simple, even if you don't know anything about HTML or other strange codes: the sites obtained may not be extraordinary in terms of quality, but to start it can be definitely a good solution, especially if we are in a hurry and we don't have enough funds to hire a web designer.
If you have a minimum of familiarity with the PC and with the simplest programming languages, the best solution is to choose one of the sites free web hosting and use a custom CMS to make your website unique.
In another article we have seen the best free program for creating websites and designing web pages directly from the PC.
In any case, remember that it is always useful to know the basic HTML tags, easy and always to keep in mind when working with websites.